General overview of course
We are glad to welcome you to Built Academy and to our first online course, Online bookkeeping practice course SMEs.
The goal of this course is to teach you how to start and manage your own online bookkeeping business, using Built, a cloud accounting application designed for SMEs in Ghana and beyond.
The course is made up of 32 lessons and each lesson ends with a quiz to test your understanding of the lesson. You will be learning accounting concepts, accounting activities such as setting up a business, right from entering starting balances; setting up charts of accounts, creating invoices and bills, passing journals, and generating financial statements; to even the compliance requirements that SMEs have to fulfill – taxes, social security payments etc.
Everything on the course will be explained with the help of a screen cast and real-life examples.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Basic concepts of accounting
- How online bookkeeping works
- Set up a business in Built
- Manage and create customer quotes, invoices and receive payment through Built
- Manage and create vendor bills and book various type of expenses
- Run payroll, send pay slips to employees and even do instant payments to employees
- Understand various reports in Built
- Prepare, file and pay taxes, SSNIT etc.
What you’ll learn:
- Do freelancing or consult clients for maintaining books on Built accounting software
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
You should have a basic understanding of accounting before taking this course.
Who this course is for:
This course is meant for accounting professionals and students who are interesting in running their own online bookkeeping service, either as a full time or as a freelancer.
We’ll talk about all that in more in this course.